Office Free time

As a System Admin, I need to work on shifts - a perpetual evening shift, long and lonely. To give myself a break from the computer screen I do this. Something drawn in a rough and hurried manner, but hope still are watchable [;)]
Note: The pics are taken by my cellphone camera. So the quality is really bad [:(]

Here is the first one I suddenly thought of drawing. Had nothing but ballpoint pen to assist me. The piece came out better that I expected.


I don't know how many of you will recognize her. Audrey Hepburn, I took a instant liking to her after watching "Roman Holidays". Done using 6B pencil.


"The Godfather"


I was listening to "No women, No cry". Decided to draw Bob as a tribute.

Comments

  1. Nice work, Shadow -- and a great use of your time on those long lonely night shifts (and I know about night shifts!).

    I have one piece of advice for starters, as you requested: don't think of your art as just a "hobby"!!! I certainly don't think of mine in that way. It is a passion and something I am committed to doing for as long as I am able, and committed to improving.

    Most artists have to perform other work to support themselves financially so that doesn't mean their art is just a "hobby". If art is your passion, then it is much more to you and don't sell yourself short or minimize its significance!

    Keep up the good work. There are soooo many inspiring artists out here on the blogs, it is always inspiring to see what other artists are doing. I'm adding links of other artists to my own blog regularly and will add yours as well. You might want to do so -- it's good karma, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice work! I own my own little shop, and sometimes I get time to draw at work too.
    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply awesome!
    Nothing can be mcuh colorful than these black and white sketches!
    They have emotions, experinece, exclaimations as their shades!

    One suggestion..JOIN TWITTER to get conncted to much wide range of people/artist! VH McKenzie is an awesome earthy artist and he too is in my twitter friend's list:) Getting updated and than retweeting to othes is much easier on Twitter!

    Keep the Spark ALive..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marley face has some resemblance with Tejas - Was he sitting nearby while sketching ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Saunak: Tejas was not anywhere, I drew them in Office ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. boss...dekh k gr8 feelin...ho rahi hai...

    ReplyDelete
  7. You rock, man !!...great work !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks to all, dude keep visiting for more

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts