School Days - Tiger tiger

I read this poem when I was a boy of fourth standard. I read it again in 9th, just for fun though. It captured my imagination. The Tiger burning bright became a little too red (LOL). Also I was using Artist's quality water colors for the first time. :D ... I also added a few lines to the pic from a book I don't remember the name of now.


The Tiger
William Blake
(1757-1827)

TIGER, tiger, burning bright
In the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or eye
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

In what distant deeps or skies
Burnt the fire of thine eyes?
On what wings dare he aspire?
What the hand dare seize the fire?

Comments

  1. Do not recall the poem (poor memory as usual).

    But here found two good links:
    Entire Poem:
    http://www.daypoems.net/poems/441.html

    Interpretation of poem:
    http://www.pathguy.com/tyger.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had the whole poem already, but thanks for the interpretation. It's good, but wondering why did he spell 'tiger' as 'tyger' !!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts