Clouds and the Sea

Well there is actually a boat shaped like a moon! These are traditional fishing boats from South-east districts of Bangladesh, that brave the Bay of Bengal in all weathers. I would only be able to imagine how would it be to go on voyage on this boat a century or two ago. Or may be more. From the shores of Chittagong to the small islands of Oceania, searching for treasure in the lost ruins and thick tropical forests.
The web could not tell me what their true name is. The only description article I found is http://watever.org/achievements/naval-heritage/the-moon-boat/. I might have to travel to Bangladesh for knowing that name!! And may be a ride!!!


Pen on paper, A6. I continued to mould the style of clouds to suit me. Yes, I know I have work on it further and further.

Comments

Popular Posts