Bengali Folk Art

When I started drawing I started for pure fun. I drew the pictures from my books. Mostly gallant princes, with turban on head and Talwar in hand, sometimes riding the Ponkhiraj horse. sometimes gallant boys, who are not of royal blood, but eventually win the hands of a princess and a kingdom by his deeds. I would draw from Alif Laila (abridged for children and also a popular TV show). Characters from some other English serials and movies that I began to watch in teenage also inspired me. It was not until 14 that I drew a girl, who looked like a girl!

Drawing is fun even now; but more so, as I study and experiment each style. Such as the Folk art of Bengal. I thought it would be easy as simple it is. But sometimes, beauty need not be complex, and simple may not be easy.


Comments

Popular Posts