গ্রামের বাড়ি

My father had moved to a small town, not very far from our ancestral village, after my elder sister was born. The house we had in town was big enough, with a sprawling yard, long veranda, a fruit and vegetable garden, and even a small tank for my father's pisciculture endeavors. Yet my grand-parents would fill stifled whenever their visit lasted more than a couple of days. A week was a stretch!

Our home in the village was almost without boundaries, in the midst of fresh nature and green air.

Any typical house in villages of North Bengal would be like that - Thatched roof, mud or bamboo walls, boundaries lined by areca nut, eucalyptus, and other trees rising like tall flag-posts. Yes, I miss those innocent days. The nature has fallen in the hands of men. Hardly would you find a house like that anymore.



pen on paper

Comments

Popular Posts